Red Velvet is opening in the hot restaurant area of Penn Quarter at 675 E St NW (corner of 7th and E). For $3.25, you can sample one of their eight current flavors:
- Vanilla bean -- vanilla bean cake, madagascar bourbon vanilla frosting
- Devil's food -- chocolate-buttermilk cake, bittersweet chocolate ganache
- B-day -- american yellow butter cake, milk chocolate ganache
- Key West -- key lime cake, white chocolate buttercream
- Peanut Butter Cup -- chocolate chocolate-chip cake, salted peanut butter frosting
- Southern Belle -- red velvet cake, whipped cream cheese frosting
- Morning call -- chocolate espresso cake, mocho buttercream
- Summertime -- lemon cake, coconut frosting
Fun fact: Owner Canada Gordon is brother to the owner of TangySweet (a part of the other big trend in DC right now -- frozen yogurt!).
Perhaps a holiday treat for that special someone...?