Thursday, December 25, 2008

On the fourth day of Hawaii... dinner at Alan Wong's!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


On the fourth day of Hawaii and on this very cheery day, my true love gave to me... dinner at Alan Wong's! I know, a double dose of Alan Wong's but I couldn't help myself.

On a sidenote, I had emailed Alan Wong to ask him a little bit about his favorite holiday traditions -- and to my delight, I heard back! Here's what he said:


"I actually like to eat traditional roast turkey on Christmas, just because it's a tradition. It reminds me of home-cooked meals with family in a festive atmosphere. I actually like the taste of turkey with gravy and rice. My favorite holiday tradition would be to spend some time with my mom and eat her deliciously prepared food. She usually prepares Japanese food, especially at New Years, but her American food is great too!"

Thank you Chef Wong!
As for the dinner at Alan Wong's Restaurant, here is the Christmas Dinner Menu:

Alan Wong's Christmas Menu:

AMUSE BOUCHE
Araimo Potato Croquette with Sevruga Caviar

FIRST COURSE
Choice of One:
“Oxtail Soup”: Braised Oxtail Terrine, Peanuts, Ginger & Grated Mochi
“Scallop Dumpling”: “Superior” Broth, Spinach & Shiitake Mushrooms

SECOND COURSE
Seared Ahi with Edamame Mousse, Soy Calamansi Sauce

THIRD COURSE
Butter Poached Lobster with Lobster Sausage, Miso Mustard Vinaigrette, Tokyo Negi Sauerkraut

CHOICE OF ONE ENTRÉE
Ginger Crusted Onaga with Organically Grown Hamakua Mushrooms, Corn, Miso Sesame Vinaigrette

Maui Cattle Company Beef Tenderloin with Black Pepper Coconut Sauce, Hamakua Mushrooms, Swiss Chard & Baby Beets

Smoked Kurobuta Pork Chop with Braised Red Cabbage, Foie Gras Bread Dumpling, Ohelo Cranberry Sauce

Red Wine Braised Duck “Sauerbraten” Style with Spice Roasted Pumpkin, Gobo, Hasu & Carrot

Japanese Wagyu Beef with Nagaimo Potato, Pickled Vegetables & Calamansi Lime(Supplemental Charge of $30.00)

CHOICE OF ONE DESSERT
“Chocolate Wishes”: Waialua Chocolate Chestnut Cake, Eggnog Truffles,Chocolate Sorbet and Candied Chestnuts

“Caramel Dipped Apple”: Ohelo Berry Fruit Cake, House Made Hot Apple Ciderwith Green Shiso Kanten, Macadamia Nut Praline Ice Cream

YUM!

No comments: