I have to tell you though, the batter was probably my most favorite part of the whole thing. I could have eaten the whole bowl of batter by itself! (I might just do that one time).
I baked up only half the recipe because the recipe recommended not keeping them for more than one day. This worked out well -- came out to about 12 cookies.
THE RECIPE: SUMMER STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES!
- 12 ounces strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/4 inch dice (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Sanding sugar, for sprinkling
2. Combine strawberries, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 7 tablespoons granulated sugar in a large bowl.
3. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter, or rub in with your fingers, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.